Today started shortly after midnight. (yeah yeah – I know.) But you see I had gone to bed on time! BEFORE midnight – for once!!! But little good that did me because I was awoken shorty after the time when I should have turned into a pumpkin. It was my toe. Something bit me and my toe was burning. Probably something that looked like this!
And NoooOoooOooo this is not a wikipedia picture – I took this one all by myself – TODAY. I didn’t die (yeah yeah – I know) and I finally fell back asleep, only to be woken by a buzzing. Bzzzz. Killer spiders and now killer moths AGAIN! Apparently announcing my woes last night in my blog resulted in their recurrence. (Wait – Daisy – do moths actually buzz? – I don’t know – but what else could be buzzing in my ear in the middle of the pitch black night? Don’t answer that – I may be less scared of moths than whatever your answer is.)
Ok so I was up and at it by 6:30 this morning and you can imagine just how chipper I was after a night of almost no sleep. Superduperchipper. Though my mood lightened a bit when I caught the early bus which ended up being slow; HOWEVER it was filled with hotties. Superduperhotties. Man oh man – if only I had understood that correct train/bus time is critical for superduperhottie stalking I could have filled up my name page with like 40 more boys!!!
My first class was through this door.
Did I mention that I’ve switched from the Uni of Syd to the Ghetto Jungle? I just hope they have hip hop inside. Hip hop makes everything better. No seriously – it makes everything better. Even ice cream. And pancakes.
Ok – that was weird. Moving on! I liked class number 1, I also liked class number 2 and I thoroughly enjoyed these local hang outs:
I noticed a couple interesting things on campus today.
- My skirt was too short – but not as short as everyone else’s dresses and shorts.
- I look as young or younger than many of the undergraduate students.
- I’m about to turn 27 and there are 19-22 year old men/boys eying me. I think this makes me a cougar? Hmm … I suppose I’m ok with that. FM’s GF and I discussed (outrageously!) that maybe to celebrate my entrance into the late twenties that I should date someone from every age between 19 to 26 before 2010. That’s quite a lofty goal – 8 men in one year – but considering I went on 7 dates with 7 different men in only 6 days back in January 2009 (yes – it’s true) – I may be able to swing it. AGH! I’m a shocka!!! The only difficulty with this “aspiration” is that I still have a stupid crush on CC+4 even though I know I’m being ridiculous by still having it – and since I’ve decided to look for substance I just don’t see how I can look for substance AND date hot boys based on their age. Darn it – there goes that fab idea out the window!
- Spicy Salmon rolls are NOT as good as Salmon and Avocado rolls.
- And if I swing it correctly – lunch time could become my new networking/social endeavor.
Ok so this post is already outrageously long! So I’ll sum up the rest of the day with a couple pics:
First Day of School Picture – I’m not sure what I’m listening to – probably one of the kick-A songs that CC+4 sent. The “Hot Thing” one was sweet – but “Pop the Glock” was even better. There’s also a chance I was listening to some Meiko – I love her songs “Reasons to Love you” and “Piano Song.”
What a crappy pic eh? Oh well – on to the next. First semester I met Bruce - he is a kindred spirit and a life saver!!!! Pic from Semester 1:
Pic from semester 2: Bruce says I look younger … but I’m pretty sure my name isn’t Benjamin Button.
It was amazing to catch up with Bruce – he is like a wise fortune teller. Except he doesn’t predict the future. He just has an uncanny knack for really understanding the HERE and NOW.
Next I saw the following sign – wteff? and I learned another latin dance.
So there you have it. A VERY long day. Very very long. I didn’t get home until midnight and feel like I haven’t slept for days. I am SOOOOOO crashing tomorrow – and maybe doing some reading on the beach. Which btw – I have some great points to make on the book “How To Win Friends and Influence People” – so maybe I’ll get to that this week. Oh and I haven’t forgotten – I need to post my cricket video! YAY!!!
Does anyone else salsa dance? How long did it take you to learn? I seriously suck.